Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Write a letter to the manager to apologise for being late for work and many a times before.
- Describe why you were late.
- Describe the problem.
- What steps will you take to avoid in future.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing this letter to apologize for coming late to work for the whole of this month. I respect the company’s policy that employees should reach office on time. However, due to some unavoidable personal issues, I was unable to reach office on time this month.
My three year old daughter is not keeping well due to which she had not gone to school for the past one month. My husband was also out of city due to professional commitments. Therefore, I had no one around to take care of my daughter. During that time my parents came forward to offer help which seemed to be the best solution. So every morning I had to drop my daughter at my parents’ place and then head to the office due to which I got late.
Now my daughter has fully recovered and will resume her regular schedule from coming Monday. Therefore, I will also get back to my old schedule and start reaching office on time.
Please accept my apologies.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To Your Manager Asking For Their Comments On Your Article
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To The Manager
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Band 7.5 letter
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Manager About A Training Course You Want To Attend
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Relative Is Visiting You But You Won’t Be There To Receive Them
- IELTS Writing task 1 – letter
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to Your Manager