Write a letter to an English speaking friend. In your letter:
- Explain why you have moved
- Describe the new house
- Invite your friend to come and visit
Here is a band 9 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to inform you that I moved to a new house two days ago. Last month, my husband got a new job in a company which is a long way away from where we lived before. The long commute was making him really tired, so we decided to find a new place to live in. Thanks to the help of his colleagues, we quickly found an apartment near his new office.
It is a well furnished apartment in a six-storey building and it has a large living room with a TV and two cozy bedrooms. There is a large bathroom with a bathtub. That is what I like the best because I really enjoy relaxing in the warm water of my tub after a busy day at work. The kitchen has almost everything in it, such as the gas stove, the microwave and the washing machine. Another nice thing to mention is the free parking space. There is plenty of it actually so now we do not have to worry about where to park our car.
So if you have time next weekend, please come and spend a day with us. We can play tennis in the community tennis court and have a nice meal together. Please let me know if you are coming.
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Advising Him To Find A Job
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask Your Help For Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Your Friend Is Coming But You Cannot Receive Them At The Airport | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample