The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7.5 task 1 Academic IELTS report on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 Academic IELTS report sample
The pie chart gives an analysis of the different reasons for the agriculture land to be less productive worldwide, while the table gives an estimate of how these factors affect three regions of the world, North America, Europe and Oceania.
It can be seen from the pie chart that more than 90% of the productive land is affected by factors such as over grazing, over cultivation and deforestation while from the table it is clear that Europe is the worst affected of the three regions followed by Oceania. As per the information given globally in the 1990s, overgrazing, over cultivation and deforestation affected / degraded 35%, 25% and 30% respectively of the productive land.
The region wise analysis shows that Europe is the worst affected with 23% of its land falling within the degraded category and inside Europe, deforestation and over cultivation were the main factors responsible for making the land less fertile. Oceania lost 13% of its fertile land and the main factor responsible for this was over grazing. North America has the least share of degraded land (5%) and here over cultivation was the main culprit which affected the productivity of 3.3% of the fertile land.
- Causes Of Land Degradation | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Different Ways Of Making Tea | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Electricity Generation In Germany And France | Band 9 IELTS Academic Module Task 1 Report
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Academic writing module: overview of first writing task