World history suggests that violence and conflict were more evident under male leadership than under female leadership
World history suggests that violence and conflict were more evident under male leadership than under female leadership. So, for peace to prevail female leadership can be considered as a better option than male leadership
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people recommend that female leadership should be preferred to/over male leadership as there were fewer wars and less violence when women were in power. However, I disagree with the above statement because wars happen due to human greed and have nothing to do with the gender of the leader.
The major reason for my disagreement with the statement that female leadership will bring peace is that wars are not initiated by gender related aggression; rather they are a result of the greed of humans. It is human nature to want more and more and when that greed is not satisfied, conflicts happen.
History is replete with examples which prove that all wars were fought with the objective of seizing land, water, gold or riches. The fact that female leaders have shown no fewer acts of cruelty than male leaders is another reason for not supporting female leadership as a prerequisite for maintaining peace. For example, Rani Laxmi Bhai, a famous war heroine from India, showed no mercy to her enemies despite being a woman. The only reason why history had fewer wars under female leadership is because in older times most people hesitated to follow a woman; consequently, there were fewer wars when women were in power.
In conclusion, conflicts and battles happen due to human greed and not due to human gender; also if we study history it is not hard to see that female leaders behave in the same way as male leaders when it comes to warfare, and hence leadership shift from males to females will not make the world a more peaceful place.
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- Band 8 IELTS report sample
- IELTS essay sample | Languages are dying around the world. Is this a positive development?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Schools are giving too much importance to traditional subjects like history
- Band 9 essay sample | Merits and demerits of researching one’s family history
- Band 8 Essay Sample | More And More People Are Showing An Interest in Finding Out Their Family History
- Alumnus, Alumna, Alumni
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | The graph below shows the average monthly use of health club in Miami and Florida by all full-time members in 2017
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?