Work is being done on the street where you live. The noise is disturbing you. Write a letter of complaint to your local council. In your letter
1) Introduce yourself,
2) explain what the problem is,
3) suggest solutions to the problem
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is XYZ. I writing to complain about the inconvenience caused due to the widening of the road near my house.
I reside at Kandivali East area of Mumbai. Since this area is under your jurisdiction I thought you are the right person to share my concern with the increasing noise caused by the road work.
In order to address the traffic congestion in this area, the road is being widened. But it has been almost six months and the work is yet to be completed. Prior to this when the road to the neighbouring street was expanded the work was completed within a period of three months. In our neighbourhood many children are having their examination from next week and if the noise level continues to be at this peak then it will be very difficult for them to concentrate on studies.
I know the work has to be continued but it would be great if the labourers stopped it after sunset. Now they work late into the night and this is putting us in trouble.
We request you to look into the matter and find a solution to this problem.
Thank you for your support.
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You work from home and have a problem with a piece of equipment that you use for your job
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Complaining About Noise
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter To One’s Neighbour
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Neighbours Complain About Noise From Your Flat | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To The College Director Requesting A Change Of Course | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Bought A Piece Of Equipment For Your Kitchen But It Does Not Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample