With The Increased Global Demand For Oil And Gas, Undiscovered Areas Of The World Should Be Opened Up To Access More Resources | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
With the increased global demand for oil and gas, undiscovered areas of the world should be opened up to access more resources. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The demand for fossil-based fuels is constantly rising across the world leading to their depletion, due to which some opine that unexplored parts of the earth should be opened to increase the supply of such resources. I do not agree with this development as it will increase pollution, deter countries from using green energy and exploit the people of such area.
Firstly, if the exploration of fossil fuels is increased then the demand for petroleum products will rise, which in turn will aggravate the ongoing issue of air pollution in the metro cities. This environmental issue will increase global warming that will raise the temperature of the earth. Moreover, the rising temperature will cause glacial ice to melt resulting in floods and famines everywhere.
Secondly, it will demotivate countries which are pushing for the adoption of renewable methods of energy sources. The increased supply of fossil fuel from these newly explored areas will bring down the cost of the fuel and will encourage countries to continue using them. For example, countries like Finland and Germany have planned to completely switch to wind energy because of the rapid depletion of fossil fuel resources. I believe, it is imperative that all the nations should curb the usage of petrol and diesel and should switch to eco-friendly sources.
Lastly, the people living in these potential sites for oil exploration will be exploited by the big corporates, which will lure them to sell their land for mining in return for jobs, and then push them to work under harsh conditions of the mines. This will help them in the short term, but they may develop severe health problems after working there for a long time.
In conclusion, I am completely against digging more areas for oil as it will not benefit mankind in any way. Moreover, it will aggravate pollution levels, shift focus from green ways of energy, and push the people of such places to more despair.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Demand For Oil And Gas Is Increasing
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- The Exploration And Development Of Safe Alternatives To Fossil Fuels Should Be The Most Important Global Priority Today | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay about the growing demand for fresh water resources
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- People Are Being Encouraged To Use Alternative Energy Sources Like Wind Ad Solar
- Demand For Food Is Increasing Worldwide | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample