With Internet Improvements, People Can Share Views On Certain Goods Or Services They Have Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
With internet improvements, people can share views or opinions on certain goods or services that they have purchased. Is this a good or a bad thing? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Advancement in internet technology has revolutionised the way we do our shopping. The Internet has given us an incredible ability to post our reviews about products or services online. Many people argue that this platform can be misleading; however, I strongly believe that online reviews can be of great benefit for potential customers interested in buying a particular product.
On the one hand, many believe that the review system can mislead consumers. This is because in order to inflate their sales, companies pay marketing teams to post fake reviews about their products.
In addition to this, companies are aware of the fact that reviews have a deep impact on consumer’s willingness to purchase / interest in purchasing the goods so they tend to misuse this system. To support this argument, according to a survey conducted by the Guardian newspaper about 50 percent of the respondents accepted that they had been fooled by multinational companies at some point in their life through misleading reviews and adverts.
One the other hand, sharing genuine ratings and reviews online can provide better insight into the product quality. The primary reason is that the person who has already used the services can better share his honest review of the product with the other prospective buyers. Consequently, this will help consumers to buy the product with greater confidence and trust. To cite an example, popular e-commerce website amazon.com recently published on their blog that 80 percent of their customers buy the goods on their portal by going through the verified reviews and rating. Thus, we can say that honest opinion about any product is a decisive factor for consumers to buy anything online.
In conclusion, i would like to reiterate that reviews and ratings are widely accepted by customers. Although there are some instances where an unauthorized feedback system can be misleading, the overall review system is very beneficial for the end-users.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Write Product Reviews And Opinions About Services Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today The High Sale Of Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Advertising Encourages Us To Buy Things We Do Not Really Need | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 | Goods Transported In The UK
- Band 9 essay sample about hand-made and machine-made goods
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample