With an increasing population communicating via the internet and text messaging, face to face communication will become a thing of the past. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is believed that due to the increasing use of telecommunication technology, personal face to face interactions between people will become obsolete / will cease to exist. I can only partially agree with this view / I do not quite agree with this view.
On the one hand, I am in favour of this view based on the phenomenon that has transpired in our society. These days, screens are ubiquitous and people from all walks of life capitalize on civilized conveniences such as the internet, social media or smart phones. Through these methods, people have more opportunities to socialize with others. More and more people now depend on these convenient media to maintain their connection with others. To illustrate, while people are logged into one social media, they can post their current status and check others’ updates. They can easily communicate with their acquaintances by leaving comments.
On the other hand, I would think that traditional interaction method can be bolstered with the support of the advancement of technology. The newest forms of media are facilitating direct interaction among the users of the media. The novel media lead people to establish online communication based on their preferences or interests and then people start to expand their community from online to offline by hosting events. Pug festivals are an example of this.
Many people post the picture of their own pets and some of them raise pugs as a pet. They follow each other to share information or pet supplies. When they have trust in each other, they set up offline meetings. By doing so, some people build personal relationship within the group or they hold events for donation. Thus, the communication stemming from online often promotes personal interactions in the real world.
In conclusion, in my perspective, the unprecedented developments in communication involving the internet and texting not only increase the interaction among people online but also nudge people towards having more offline meetings.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- Spoken Communication Is Always More Powerful Than Written Communication | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say That The Internet Is Making The World Smaller By Bringing People Together
- Teenagers Are Spending An Increasing Amount Of Time On The Internet And This Is Having A Negative Impact On Their Social Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- Some People Believe That Technology Has Made Man More Social | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample