Who Should Conduct Medical Surveys – Governments, Private Companies Or Individuals? | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays there are many medical surveys of treatments to reduce health problems. Who should conduct them, governments, individuals or private companies, in your opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Medical surveys are often conducted to make an assessment of the health problems that affect a particular community or demographic. In my opinion, such surveys can be conducted by both the government and private companies; however, individuals should not be allowed to conduct them.
It is good for the public when the government sponsors such surveys. When medical surveys are conducted by the government, the findings will be unbiased. Also, the recommended treatment options will be more effective and affordable. Unlike private companies, governments are not focused on making a profit. Consequently, the findings of their surveys are more likely to benefit the general public. For these reasons medical surveys on serious health problems / ailments such as cancer or mental health disorder should only be conducted by the government.
Private companies, on the other hand, are profit-driven. They need to promote their products so they may tamper with the results. Therefore, we cannot fully trust these companies. For example, when a toothpaste company conducts a survey, the finding will invariably highlight the goodness of their product. Therefore, private companies can perhaps be allowed to conduct surveys in the cosmetic field where it is not a question of life and death. Also, customers who want to enhance their appearance will probably not mind having to pay more. But allowing them to conduct surveys on serious health problems can have disastrous consequences.
As for individuals, well, they are not eligible for conducting health surveys. Since they lack the funds, infrastructure and resources to conduct authentic surveys, they should not be allowed to conduct them.
To conclude, since health surveys play a crucial role in helping a community stay healthy, they should be promoted. However, surveys on serious health problems should only by conducted by government agencies because surveys conducted by private companies are more likely to be biased.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- IELTS essay sample | Private schools should be banned
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- It is no longer necessary to use animals for food, clothing or medical research | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?