Whether Or Not A Person Achieves Their Aim In Life Is Mostly Related To Luck | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Whether or not a person achieves their aims in life is mostly related to luck. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people claim that luck plays the most instrumental role in helping them achieve their goals in life. Personally, I vehemently disagree with this notion as hard work, determination and perseverance are more important factors than luck for attaining different goals.
There are multifarious reasons to strengthen my viewpoint. Firstly, there are several people who despite all odds reach the pinnacle of success through sheer dedication and hard work. For instance, late APJ Abdul Kalam faced so much hardship in his childhood; however, he conquered all formidable challenges through untiring perseverance and grit. Needless to say, he achieved whatever he aimed at during his presidential tenure and in his scientific career.
Secondly, anything which is achieved just through luck does not last long unless achievers put in diligent efforts to sustain it. To illustrate, people open businesses for their children; nevertheless, their businesses only grow if these children devote time and show dedication towards their work. For example, people may come into a lot of money due to sheer luck; however, if they do not know how to invest that money, they will soon squander it.
Lastly, there are people who are born with physical disabilities but still they have a success story to tell. Take, for instance, Helen Keller who was deaf and blind, but with her determination and unparalleled efforts she became an eminent author and political activist. Although she was not born with fortunes, she fought against all odds and became an epitome of hard work and determination.
To conclude, I firmly reiterate that luck does not play a major role in achieving success and factors such as perseverance, commitment and dedication are more imperative in attaining goals.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Success Is a Matter of Luck
- Some People Fail In School But End Up Being Successful In Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- Some People Say That A Person’s Success In Adult Life Is The Result Of The Way They Were Brought Up By Their Parents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is Good To Be Ambitious | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Happiness Is Considered Very Important In Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Only People Who Earn A Lot Of Money Are Successful | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Media Coverage Of Celebrities Has A Negative Effect On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Success Is Often Measured By Wealth And Material Belongings | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample