When choosing a job, the salary is the most important consideration. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic? Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, salary is the first thing to consider when choosing a job. I agree with this statement to a great extent but in my opinion other factors like job satisfaction cannot be ignored.
Salary should definitely be the first consideration. No other factor has a greater impact on a person’s life or lifestyle than their income. The cost of living keeps increasing year after year and people are living under considerable financial stress these days. Everything from education and healthcare to food and housing has become expensive. If the salary is not adequate enough to meet the expenses, all aspects of a person’s life will be severely affected. In addition, if people are paid well, they will feel that the company appreciates their contribution. A good salary even elevates a person’s self image and social image. Obviously, it is not hard to see why most people give so much importance to the pay packet.
Having said that, salary cannot be the only consideration when choosing a job. Job satisfaction is equally important. The job should pay well; it should provide satisfaction as well. In addition, the work hours should be reasonable. Employees are also human beings and they seek work-life balance just like everyone else. A job may pay an astronomical remuneration, but if the working conditions are pathetic, it is foolish to take it. In my opinion, choosing a job that pays a little less but offers satisfactory working conditions is a much better idea.
To conclude, the remuneration should definitely be the first thing to consider when choosing a job because it is impossible to lead a comfortable life without a decent salary. However, money alone cannot make people happy and hence other factors like job satisfaction and working hours too should be considered before taking up a job.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Job Satisfaction More Important Than Salary?
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- Band 8 essay sample | Is job satisfaction important?
- IELTS Band 9 Essay Sample About Girls Choosing Arts And Boys Choosing Science
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Are Interviews The Best Method Of Choosing Employees?
- Band 9 essay about the importance of job satisfaction
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- In some countries teachers do not want to work in rural areas | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample