What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
What are the pros and cons of using public transportation?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
While public transport plays an essential role in people’s life, it has a few downsides too.
On the one hand, public transport is indispensable for every individual in any nation as it has a plethora of advantages. Firstly, commuting by public transport helps reduce pollution in the environment. For example, in countries such as Japan and Canada where public transport facilities are good, citizens rarely use their personal vehicles and hence these countries have low level of pollution. Consequently, such countries are considered to be one of the cleanest countries in terms of air quality. Secondly, taking a bus or train is less expensive than hiring a cab or driving one’s own vehicle. Also, regular commuters can avail of tickets at concessional rates. Better still, when more and more people take public transport, there will be fewer vehicles on the road. This not only improves air quality but also reduces traffic congestion.
On the other hand, there are a few disadvantages to public transportation. To start with, such public services are time-bound, and an individual has to stick to a timetable to be able to use them. Buses and trains, for instance, have pre-determined arrival and departure times. This makes public transport unsuitable in the event of an emergency as one cannot wait for a bus or train in such situations. Furthermore, buses and trains will halt at each stop regardless of whether there are passengers to alight or board and this can waste a lot of time.
To conclude, it is irrefutable that public transport services have many benefits as they are economical and environment friendly; however, there are drawbacks too as they are time-bound and unsuitable for emergency situations.
- What Are The Pros And Cons Of Public Transportation | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Argue That Free Public Transportation Should Be Available In Major Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Argue That Free Public Transportation Should Be Available In Most Major Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners Heavily And Use The Money To Improve Public Transportation | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Use Private Cars Instead Of Talking The Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- One Of The Best Ways To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Cost Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That There Are More Disadvantages To The Car Than Advantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains
- The Best Way To Solve The Traffic Congestion In City Is To Provide Free Public Transport For 24 Hours A Day | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Government Should Make A Better Network For Public Transport | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample