What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basis and a large number of children play computer games. What are the negative impacts of playing computer games and what can be done to minimize the bad effects?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS Essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Computers have widely penetrated into the personal lives of humans that everyone is exposed to them on a much wider scale. Children in particular have become addicted to gaming on computers. In this essay, I will discuss the negative impacts of computer games on children.
Over the past decade computers have become widely available in the market that even children below 10 years of age have access to them. This would have been a good thing if the negative effects of computers had not overshadowed the positives. It is a well-known fact that staring at computers or playing games on them for a longer duration not only affects one’s vision but also has negative implications on one’s ability to socialize with others. For example, many youngsters these days have hardly any interactions with their family members or neighbours because they are always busy playing computer games. Unfortunately, this affects their relationships and social skills.
On the bright side, there are several ways to reduce / nullify the bad effects of playing computer games. Mostly, it is the responsibility of the parents to see that their kids get enough parental attention and opportunities to socialize with other kids. Parents must ensure that their children do not spend too much time on computers or gaming consoles. Access to these should be given only for a limited period of time in a day. Parents need to learn from the saying that, “younger generation don’t hear us, they imitate us”.
To conclude / in conclusion, there are numerous demerits to spending too much time playing computer games. Parents should supervise children to ensure that their screen time is limited.
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Band 8 essay sample about the impact of computer use on children
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Children today are too dependent on computers and electronic entertainment | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work