We Are Producing More Rubbish | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish. Why do you think this is happening? What can government do to reduce the amount of rubbish produced? Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The amount of waste produced by households and industries is rising / increasing at an alarming rate. This essay intends to analyze the reasons for this increase in waste production and also suggest some measures to mitigate the problem / improve the situation.
To begin with, increased use of packaged items is one of the main causes of excessive production of rubbish. Companies nowadays use a variety of packaging materials such as plastic, polythene and rubber. Although the packaging makes the item more attractive, the materials used in preparing packets are mostly non-biodegradable and they do not decompose. Since the packaging is always discarded, it increases the production of rubbish.
In addition to this, people nowadays follow the use and throw culture. As companies are now focusing more on creating cheap and disposable products, people now prefer to acquire new things instead of reusing and repairing the old ones. As a result of this mass consumption of new items, the old and used items are discarded leading to the production of more rubbish. Ultimately, such practices cause the production of more non-decomposable waste / garbage.
The solutions are not simple but they do exist. The government should enact strict laws that force companies to use only bio-degradable materials for packaging purposes. In addition to using materials that decompose easily, manufacturers should invent new packaging materials that can be recycled. This will automatically reduce the amount of waste produced. Moreover, the government should encourage people to recycle items that are made of plastic, metals and glass items. For example, recently I read on Facebook about a beach in Australia where machines are installed and people can buy a food item by just submitting used plastic bottles. These kinds of encouragement activities and events can help in persuading people to recycle.
In conclusion, although many reasons such as the use of plastic packaging materials and over consumerism contribute towards the increase in waste production, the government can reduce this growing problem by implementing stringent laws and by promoting recycling.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | We Are Producing More Garbage Than Ever
- We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | We are producing more garbage
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About Excessive Production Of Damage
- PTE Academic Essay | Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products?
- Plastic Bags Should Be Banned | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Increase in the amount of garbage reaching landfills
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Should Recycling Be Made A Legal Requirement?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Effective Way To Reduce Industrial Pollution Is To Tax The Companies That Cause Them