Nevertheless means ‘despite anything to the contrary’. Other linking words that have a similar meaning to nevertheless are: even so, all the same, however and nonetheless. The conjunctions but and still can also be used to express the same idea.
- I was a little disappointed, nevertheless I didn’t give up.
- We dislike each other, nevertheless we agree about most things.
- I was never really into adventure sports so I was a little afraid; nevertheless, I decided to try bungee jumping.
- He was a stern master, nevertheless he was fair.
- I agree that it is dangerous; nevertheless, I want to try it.