Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on young children. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
According to some people regular use of computers has more negative than positive impacts on children. I do not agree with this view. While I do admit that excessive use of computers can harm children in many ways, these gadgets are also crucial for their success and hence we cannot stop them from using computers.
Computers have their downsides. Children can play games and watch movies on them. Needless to say, it is quite normal for children who use the computer every day to get addicted to it. If they spend too much time on their computer, they will lose their focus on studies and their grades will suffer. Children who use the computer for long hours are also more likely to develop health problems like obesity because of their sedentary lifestyle. Excessive screen time can also cause vision problems in children.
On the flip side, in this day and age when computers are used in all spheres of life, it is foolish to stop children from using them. They need proficiency in computers to be able to find a good job in future. Actually, nowadays, they need computers to even score good marks in exams. Hence instead of preventing children from using computers, parents and teachers should encourage moderate use. Children should be allowed to use the computers for one or two hours at the most. Parents must also ensure that children are not wasting time playing games on the computer or accessing online content that is not suitable for them. If used wisely, computers and the internet help children with their studies. Actually, there are numerous educational websites designed to make learning fun and interactive.
To conclude, after analysing both sides of the argument it is not hard to see that moderate use of computers has more beneficial than negative effects on children. However, excessive and irresponsible use of computers is harmful and hence it must be prevented.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 7 essay sample | Positive and negative effects of living alone
- Band 8 essay sample about the impact of computer use on children
- An Increasing Trend Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Many Children Have Access To The Internet And Mobile Phones At Very Young Ages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample