Using A Computer Every Day Can Have More Negative Than Positive Effects On Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people opine that using the computer every day is largely disadvantageous for children although it might provide some benefits. I agree with this view.
To start with the negative effects, children normally play and engage in various kinds of physical activity which boost their physical and psychological health. However, nowadays, they are sitting in front of the computer for hours on end. This behavior is an aberration and seriously hinders their normal physical development. Secondly, too much exposure to computer games and other online content can affect the development of life-skills in children. For example, children who spend a lot of time on the computer may fail to develop meaningful relationships with their peers and even those within the family. Consequently, many of them grow up into introverts lacking social skills and self confidence. In addition, children are naïve and easily fall prey to cyber fraud. For instance, some children who played the “Blue Whale” game committed suicide because they felt defeated and blackmailed. The computer also hurts their ability to do simple calculations or memorize spellings.
Of course, there are also some advantages to using the computer. Computers are excellent learning aids and help children with their studies. With the help of the computer and the internet, children can easily complete their assignments. The computer can also be used to acquire new skills. For example, children can learn a new language or programming skills online. They can also make friends with people from around the world.
In conclusion, there are certainly some benefits to using the computer. However, excessive and regular use of the computer can do more harm than good because during their growing up years children are supposed to spend more time in the real world than in the virtual world.
- Using A Computer Every Day Can Have More Negative Than Positive Effects On Young Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Positive And Negative Effects Of Technology Through Mass Media | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Band 7 essay sample | Positive and negative effects of living alone
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Band 8 essay sample about the impact of computer use on children
- Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample