The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS report sample
The first bar chart gives an analysis of the number of divorces and marriages in the USA over a period of 30 years from 1970 to 2000, while the second bar chart shows the marital status of American citizens in the years 1970 and 2000.
From the data it is clear that the number of marriages in that country showed a declining trend in the period under review, while the number of divorces over the given period remained more or less the same except in 1980 when it showed a hike. This decline in the number of marriage is evident when data for the years 1970 and 2000 are compared. It can be seen that the number of divorces in the USA from 1970 to 2000 remained a steady one million except for the year 1980 when this figure touched nearly one and a half million. On the other hand, the figures for marriages showed a downward trend with two and a half million couples getting married in 1970 to two million couples doing the same thirty years later.
When the marital status of Americans is analysed, it can be seen that 70% of the adults were married in 1970 while this figure was 60% in 2000. Meanwhile, in the year 2000, 20% of the adults remained single while this figure was 15% for the year 1970. It is also seen that the divorced individuals were less than 5% in 1970, while in 2000 this figure was nearly double when compared to 1970.
Do you have an academic IELTS report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders
- IELTS report about population in four countries
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population