University students are increasingly studying abroad as part of their studies. Do the advantages of studying abroad outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays many students pursue their higher studies in foreign countries. The main advantage for students studying abroad is the access to better quality education and improved job prospects. Although these can be beneficial there are some disadvantages like difficulty to adapt to the local culture and linguistic challenges. In my opinion, despite these downsides, students studying abroad enjoy better career prospects and exposure to diverse cultures.
The main advantage is that the students will get global exposure and quality of education will be high and so will be the the career growth and wages. Whenever students visit foreign countries they will experience different set of new things like culture, language, and climate etc. For example, Sundar Pichai CEO of Google comes from India and he did his higher education in USA and got himself into a position that fulfilled his career ambition. I strongly support that there are lots of advantages to pursuing education abroad.
On the down side, studying abroad poses many challenges. An international student may have to deal with racism. They may also find it difficult to adapt to the alien culture and climate. For example, Indian students studying in cold countries like Canada and the UK often complain of the harsh winters they have to cope with. For example, one of my friends applied for his post-graduation degree abroad and he spent lots of money to get into that university, but unfortunately he was not able to adapt to their syllabus and climate so returned to his home country midway through the first semester. Such incidents are not rare.
In conclusion, the fact that more and more students opt to study abroad is a clear indication that the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages. Of course, there are some minor drawbacks to pursuing higher education abroad, but a student who is willing to adapt to the cultural and climatic change can reap rich benefits from studying overseas.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your grammar? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of pursuing higher education abroad
- Some students work while studying | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | There Is A Sharp Increase In The Number Of People Studying At University
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Are Going Abroad For Higher Studies
- Some students take a year off between school and university | IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- It Is A Common Practice For Some Students To Take A Gap Year Between High School And University In Order To Do Charitable Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample