University students are increasingly studying abroad as part of their studies. Do the advantages of studying abroad outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
In recent times, more and more students are going abroad to pursue their university education. While studying in a different country can be beneficial, there are various drawbacks such as home-sickness and linguistic barriers. In my opinion, despite these downsides, there are huge career prospects associated with it.
Most of the students move abroad for a high-quality education. In developing nations, education standards are not high when compared to developed countries. A recent survey showed that 70% of graduates in India move to either Australia, Canada or America for their Masters. Besides, most of the companies are looking for candidates who have a university degree from these countries. Furthermore, the student will get global exposure. They tend to meet people from diverse cultures and origins. Thus, it not only helps them to experience new things and learn from them but also improves their adaptability levels.
However, students moving abroad can sometimes feel homesick. They tend to miss their family and it becomes difficult for them to concentrate on the studies. Therefore, affecting their education and daily lifestyle. Moreover, these people need to learn a local language in order to communicate effectively. For example, students of different nationalities in France, Germany and Italy need to learn their local dialect in order to speak. So, this might be an extra burden on the student as there are multiple subjects to learn at the university.
To conclude, although it is possible for a student to feel the pressure away from home and face difficulty communicating with the locals, I believe that there are high employment prospects and an excellent opportunity to learn new things.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Are Going Abroad For Higher Studies
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Today, more and more students are deciding to move to a different country for higher studies
- University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some students work while studying | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Students Should Take A Gap Year Between High School And University
- It Is A Common Practice For Some Students To Take A Gap Year Between High School And University In Order To Do Charitable Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like