University Education Should Be Free For All Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
University education should be free for all students. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that everyone should have free access to university education. I agree with this. I believe that students who opt to continue in the university should not be burdened with their tuition fees because not all students have the means to pay for school and, it is one of the obligations of the government to provide education to students.
Not every student who aspires to pursue higher education can afford the tuition fee. Many students who deserve to be sent to the university belong to poor families who are struggling to support their daily living. If paying for tuition is a requirement for every student to enter college then, those individuals who deserve and have the capability to be a university student will be denied of this opportunity. If a student from a developing country is not allowed to enter university due to lack of resources, he will lose his opportunity to bail his family out of poverty.
Moreover, the government should be responsible for the education of its residents. It should be the government’s priority to ensure that students who have the desire to continue and obtain a college degree will be granted a scholarship. In the long run, free university education will benefit not only the individual but also the community / country. A great example is the government scholars in the Philippines. This scholarship program enables high school students to be granted a free university education provided that they stay and serve their own country for a minimum of two years. This move of the government helped both the scholars’ family and the country at the same time.
In conclusion, provision of free education to students who have the desire to pursue higher studies should be implemented because it is the government’s responsibility to help students obtain a degree and it will ease the burden on the family of those who really want to continue their studies.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your grammar? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Education Should Be Free To Everyone | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- It Is A Common Practice For Some Students To Take A Gap Year Between High School And University In Order To Do Charitable Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments fund higher education?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Students Should Take A Gap Year Between High School And University
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like
- Some students take a year off between school and university | IELTS essay sample