Two weeks ago you bought a radio from a local branch of a well-known chain shop. It did not work properly. The shop took it back and said they would repair it. You have waited a week and still, it is not ready. Write a letter to the shop to complain. In your letter –
- tell what has happened
- how you feel about it
- ask them to repair the radio very soon or supply you with a new radio
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
Last week I left a radio to be repaired but it is not ready yet. My name is Rakesh Soni and I am a regular customer of your store.
Let me explain the situation in detail. On 10th March I bought Revo Super Signal deluxe AM/FM radio with 1 year warranty from your Revo branded shop on Charni Road. Unfortunately, it malfunctioned as soon as I took it home. The sound quality is very poor and volume function is also not working well. In addition, the radio stops playing abruptly. The very next day, I reported this issue to your representative, and returned the product hoping that it would be either repaired or replaced within the next two days.
Almost one week has passed and I am yet to hear from you. As you know, it is not acceptable to wait for so long to get a radio repaired. You should have completed this job in two days. I like this model and I would like to keep it so I request you to either expedite the repair work or provide me a brand new replacement.
If neither of them is possible then I would like to ask for a full refund immediately or else I will be forced to take up this matter with your higher management.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Say That Radio Is The Best Way To Get News While Others Think That Television Is Better | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Bought Furniture That Was Damaged At The Time Of Arrival | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Laptop You Bought Has A Problem
- You Bought A Piece Of Equipment For Your Kitchen But It Does Not Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Bought A New Phone And It Has Stopped Working | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Saw An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Purchased An Article Of Clothing From A Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Colleague Found Another Job And Invited You To His/Her Farewell Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- You Have A Problem With The Neighbour | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample