Tourism Is Becoming Increasingly Important As A Source Of Revenue To Many Countries, But Its Disadvantages Should Not Be Overlooked | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Watch this video for tips and strategies to write a to what extent do you agree or disagree essay?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
For many countries, tourism is the primary source of income. Even though this growth in tourism helps to increase the cash flow into the nation, it has numerous negative effects as well. I firmly believe that these downsides must be dealt with appropriately; otherwise, they would have detrimental effects on the environment and the local culture and lifestyles.
Sensitive ecological places are severely affected by the pollution caused by visitors. Tourists usually travel in hired taxis or private cars resulting in increased air pollution in the region. They also leave behind both biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste like leftover food, plastic bottles, wrappers etc. The noise created by humans may upset some of the fragile flora and fauna. For example, the green hills of the famous Ooty region are now filled with plastic bags and wastes left by the tourists. Hence, proper pollution control measures should be taken to avoid permanent destruction of the environment.
In addition, conflicts may occur between natives and tourists if the latter fail to respect local culture and traditions. For example, many countries especially those in Asia are highly conservative and if visitors conduct themselves in manners that violate the local customs, natives may feel offended and this can even threaten the safety of the tourists.
In conclusion, it is certainly true that international tourism benefits national economies. However, its downside such as environmental deterioration and increased risk of conflicts between locals and tourists cannot be ignored.
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourism Creates Tension Rather Than Understanding | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Lot Of Places In The World Rely On Tourism As A Main Source Of Income | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Does Tourism Bring More Advantages Or Disadvantages? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Lot Of Places In The World Rely On Tourism As A Main Source Of Income | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourism Creates Tension Rather Than Understanding Between People From Different Cultures | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Think That International Tourism Is Bad | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Tourism Should Be Banned In Some Areas To Protect Culture