Today The Quality Of Life In Large Cities Is Decreasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Today the quality of life in large cities is decreasing. Discuss the causes and suggest solutions.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In the present scenario, it is observed that in the urban areas the quality of life is declining dramatically due to industrialization and the increase in the number of vehicles. This essay will explicate these reasons at length and suggest some solutions.
The first and foremost reason for the declining quality of life in cities is the establishment of many industries. To elaborate, more and more companies prefer to establish their industries in the developing cities. These industries emit harmful gases which pollute the air and they are the main cause of the decline in the quality of life in the urban areas as many people are suffering from respiratory diseases due to this pollution. Secondly, the increase in the number of vehicles on the roads in the cities is also responsible for this issue. To be specific, more people move to cities for job opportunities and for traveling many of them prefer to use their own vehicles. So, it causes more traffic on the road which creates noise and air pollution. For instance, a survey by a Delhi based organization stated that 60% of air and noise pollution is created by automobiles and it is troublesome for people who have less immunity. Therefore, residents of urban areas face many health problems due to poor air quality.
However, this problem can be tackled by the government as well as by individuals by taking some measures. One of them is that the government needs to encourage companies to establish industries on the outskirts of the city. As a result, villagers will not have to move to cities in search of jobs. This measure will also reduce traffic problems in cities. Moreover, it is the responsibility of individuals to use public transport whenever possible as it will reduce air pollution and improve life quality to a great extent.
To conclude, the quality of life in cities has degraded due to rapid industrialization and rise in the number of vehicles. The government can improve the situation by encouraging industries to move to rural areas and promoting the use of public transport.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Quality Of Life In Cities Is Declining
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- Band 9 essay about poor quality of life in cities
- In Some Countries, Governments Are Encouraging Industries And Businesses to Move To Regional Areas Outside The Big Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Living In Large Cities Today Poses Many Problems For People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Cars Has Increased Significantly In Major Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Declining Quality Of Air And Water Is A Growing Problem In Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Developing Countries There Is A Problem With Declining Quality Of Air And Water | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Industries Should Be Moved to Rural Areas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample