Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Today many children spend a lot of time playing computer games and little time on sports. Why is it? Is it a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
With the advancement in science, gaming companies are offering sensational gaming experiences that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your couch. This has motivated youngsters to spend most of their time in front of the television playing games, instead of indulging in outdoor sports. This essay will discuss why children are increasingly spending most of their time playing computer games and will also argue why this is a negative development by highlighting reasons to justify the same.
Gone are those days when children used to spend their evenings playing group sports. Science has become so advanced that there is a computer game version of every sport, thus motivating children to avoid playing outdoor sports. For example, every year Sony launches an advanced version of the game FIFA that offers real time football experience. Furthermore, with a slump in the number of parks, children have no place to play and they are often forced to stay indoors, limiting them to computer games.
Indeed, this trend of restricting young children to computer games is giving rise to a generation of sloths, with hindered development. A lethargic body will promote health issues at a young age, and that will strain our future generations. Additionally, discouraging group sports will transform young children into introverts who lack adequate communication skills.
In a nut-shell, this essay discussed the rising trend of young children switching to video games instead of sports and highlighted why this is a negative development. Two reasons for the growth in this trend are the advancements in the gaming world and the unavailability of outdoor playing facilities. No doubt, by allowing young children to avoid outdoor sports, we are encouraging a slogged future generation, with hindered physical development and social skills.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Trend Nowadays Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- It Is Better For Children To be Outside Playing Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Doctors Are Concerned About The Use Of Computer Games By Children And Young | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample