Today Many Children Spend A Lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Today many children spend a lot of time playing computer games and little time on sports. Why is it? Is it a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, we see that most of the children are busy playing computer games rather than engaging in any sports activities. The reason behind this situation is that personal computers are more affordable and a part of every household. Owing to this, children prefer to stay indoors and become engrossed in video games.
The main reason behind young ones’ addiction to computer games is that desktops and laptops are inexpensive and many houses own one. Due to this, children squander away time by playing computer games as the graphical content is impressive. Moreover, parents do not bother about the screen time because they will not be disturbed as long as their children are hooked to the machine. As a result, young people develop addiction to computers and do not favour playing sports. They feel outdoor activities are tiring and require enormous physical efforts.
Spending a considerable amount of time playing computer games instead of sports is not good for children. This habit has harmful effects on their mental and physical health. Prolonged screen exposure will cause vision related issues alongside obesity because it does not involve any body movements. Another potential problem is depression which will lead to cognitive imbalance. When children spend long hours on the computer, they become isolated from the society/their peers.
If a child is affected with such problems at an early age, their future is at stake. My neighbour’s child, for instance, is unable to concentrate on studies because of his addiction to computer games.
In conclusion, affordability in the recent times has enabled many families to own a computer at home. Children rarely play outside as they are infinitely bound to these machines. This is certainly a negative trend because computer games addiction has detrimental effects on a child’s physical and mental well-being.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today Many Children Spend A lot Of Time Playing Computer Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Many Doctors Are Concerned About The Use Of Computer Games By Children And Young | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Using A Computer Every Day Can Have More Negative Than Positive Effects On Young Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample