These Days, People Work In More Than One Job | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
These days, people work in more than one job, and often change career several times during their life. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Job hopping is quite popular among young employees. Earlier people used to stay in the same job for their entire career, but generation X and Y are constantly changing their jobs. This certainly makes their career path more adventurous; however, there are also some significant downsides to this practice.
Let’s start with the advantages. One major plus point of changing jobs every few years is that the employee gets a ton of experience and a fresh perspective on things. This is because they get to see the inner workings of various companies and learn from their best practices and work ethics. In addition, someone who has worked in a number of organizations will certainly have a large network and it is definitely an asset.
On the other hand, an employee who is constantly changing jobs may appear less attractive to employers. They may consider a job hopper as a high risk employee who is unlikely to return much on their investment in training. Another disadvantage of this practice is that it increases a person’s risk of getting laid off. During crises, employers often stick to the employees who show loyalty to them and are working with them for many years, as they are more dependable and have more company-specific knowledge.
In conclusion, changing jobs frequently helps a person gain experience in diverse fields and build a larger and more resourceful network. However, this practice also increases their risk of losing employment during tough times. Even so, personally, I believe that the pros of job hopping outweigh the cons depending on the reasons for doing it.
- Many People These Days Change Career Throughout Their Working Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days People Change Careers Several Times During Their Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Work For The Same Organisation All Their Working Life | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That People Should Have A Different Amount Of Holidays According To Their Job | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Growing Number Of People Work By Telecommuting | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That A High Salary Is Important When Choosing A Company To Work For | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say That It Would Be Better If The Majority Of Employees Work From Home | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In The Past, Most People Worked For Small Businesses, While More People Now Work For Large Businesses | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Work For The Same Organization For Their Whole Life | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample