Some People Believe That In The Near Future, There Will Be No Borders Between Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that in the near future there will be no borders between countries, while others feel that national borders will always remain. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people national boundaries will disappear in the not-so-distant future. Others, however, contest this view. In my opinion, geographical boundaries will always exist and they are required too.
On the one hand, if countries do not have any borders separating them, people can travel freely and explore the world as much as they can. The lack of boundaries may also boost trade and thus benefit the economy. For example, countries like Singapore and Malaysia have no borders between them and hence people can travel freely. They do not need a visa or have to go through security checkups before they can enter the other territory. Of course, these two countries enjoy good relationships and as such the lack of border between them is only beneficial for them.
On the flip side, not every nation enjoys a good relationship with their neighbours. For example, a border is a must between India and Pakistan. This is essential to stop infiltrators from entering the country. Likewise, there is a strong border between the United States and Mexico and still controlling the flow of drugs from Mexico to the US is quite hard. We can imagine what would happen if there were no borders between these countries. Obviously, borders are crucial for maintaining law and order. They prevent anti-social elements from entering the country.
In conclusion, while it is true that there is no place for borders in a perfect world, ours is far from perfect and hence national boundaries are required to check criminal activities and maintain law and order. Therefore, in my opinion, they are here to stay.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The free movement of goods across national borders has long been a controversial issue | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- As Global Trade Increases Between Countries, Many Daily Necessities Are Produced In Other Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Developed countries should take more refugees from poorer countries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- People Are Living An Increasingly Longer Life And There Are More Old People Than Young People In Many Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Lifestyle And Culture Of Different Countries Are Becoming Similar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cricket Has Become More Popular Than The National Sports In The Sub Continental Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample