In our society there is far more attention on men’s sport than women’s sport. Do you think that this is a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In the world we live in today, people are more interested in sports played by men. In my opinion, this is an adverse trend. This essay will discuss how this over emphasis on male sports decreases interest of women in games and impacts their image in the society.
Attention and encouragement play a vital role in a person’s growth. When the female players do not get the same kind of treatment like male players do, they lose their morale and enthusiasm, since they know that no matter how hard they try, they will not get the same attention that men do In a recent study in Canada it was found that only 30% of women are interested in sports leagues and the rest cannot find a valid reason to participate.
Also, the lack of interest in female sports creates a wrong impression about the capabilities of a woman. Since women are not treated the same way as men in sports, people misjudge them and think they might not have the same talent that men have. If women are not given the chance to prove themselves, there is no way they can showcase their capabilities. For instance, in 2015 when the Men’s World Cup Cricket was played people had high hopes on the Indian team but they lost it. Immediately after, Indian women’s team won the world cup for which they did not get the much-deserved appreciation.
To recapitulate, when men’s sports gain more attention than women’s sports, it has a negative impact on the society as it not only brings down the enthusiasm of the women but also portrays them as weak and incapable.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Cricket Has Become More Popular Than The National Sports In The Sub Continental Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Sports Should Be Compulsory For All Students In All Schools | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Extreme Sports Be Banned?
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 7.5 essay | Youth should not be allowed to participate in sports