The system used for rubbish/garbage collection in your local area is not working properly. This is causing problems for you and your neighbours. Write a letter to the local council. In your letter:
- Describe how the rubbish collection system is not working properly
- Explain how this is affecting you and your neighbours
- Suggest what should be done about the problem
Here is a band 9 IELTS Letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to express my concerns about the poor performance of the rubbish collection system in your community. Earlier they used to come and collect the garbage from homes every day. Now, they come only once a week. Consequently, garbage is piling up in homes and causing stench. We contacted the concerned authorities and they told us to dump the garbage in the garbage bins placed in various parts of the town. This arrangement causes a great deal of difficult to most people. Yet, many people now carry their garbage to the bin. Unfortunately, that does not resolve the issue because the garbage does not get collected from the bins. As a result, they are now overflowing and have become the haven of mosquitoes and fleas. We are quite worried about the health impacts of this.
I request you to look into this issue at the earliest. It is time the council hired more people to collect and dispose of garbage. It could also seek the help of locals willing to volunteer. If money is the problem, you could increase the fee charged for collecting garbage from homes. I am sure most residents would not mind paying a higher fee because everyone wants to live in clean surroundings.
Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor
- Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | We Are Producing More Garbage Than Ever
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour Who Leaves Rubbish Near Your House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | We are producing more garbage
- City Council Is Planning To Pull Down A Historic Building | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 9 essay sample | Increase in the amount of garbage reaching landfills
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre