There Are Some People Who Think That Schools Should Teach Children Specific Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
All parents want the best opportunity for their children. There are some people who think that schools should teach children specific skills but others think that having a range of subjects is better for a child’s future. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is thought by some people that schools ought to teach children particular skills, whereas others believe that learning a diversity of subjects is better for their future. In my opinion, children should have a variety of subjects in their school curriculum as it can help them to explore their interests.
Some parents believe that teaching a specific subject of their children’s interest helps them develop their skills in the best way possible. Hence, the child can easily master the subject of their interest at a younger age. Moreover, children can score better grades if they start learning the subjects of their liking. For instance, a child, who is more inclined towards learning music can be uninterested in learning other subjects leading to low grades and low self-esteem. Therefore, choosing a subject in which the child is interested or talented, is considered more beneficial by some parents.
However, in my opinion, it is important for children to learn a variety of subjects at school. This is because all the subjects taught at the school level are essential for surviving in the world. A child may be interested in becoming a doctor or painter. This, however, does not mean that they should learn only medicine or painting from class 1. Everyone should have a basic understanding maths, science, geography, history and literature to be able to flourish in life. In other words, children should learn all subjects at school. They can pursue specialisation once they have completed high school.
To conclude, in my opinion, children should learn different subjects in school and experience the taste of every subject. They can discover their interests only by exploring and it is necessary to know what each subject can offer before choosing the right one.
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some European Countries, Some Children Go To Schools To Learn More Practical Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Some People Believe That Children Should Study Academic Subjects At School; Others Believe That Practical Subjects Are More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Feel That Boarding Schools Are An Excellent Option For Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Universities Should Only Teach Science And Technology
- Schools Are Spending More Time Teaching The Traditional Skills | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample