There Are Many Different Types Of Music In The World Today | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
A wide variety of music is popular throughout the globe. Music plays a pivotal role in relaxing one’s mind and soul. Although preservation of cultural and folk music is essential, I believe equal importance needs to be given to international music / non-native music. Music involves vocal, instrumental or mechanical sounds that provide rhythm and harmony. Since ages, it has been considered the most imperative source of entertainment.
The major reasons behind creating music include ceremonial purposes, recreational intentions and artistic expression. Rhythmic compositions provide mental rejuvenation to a person. One can get away from all the worries and calm the anxieties arising out of hectic schedules. Moreover, musicians have that power to convert thoughts or feelings into tunes and songs which everyone can relate to. Hence, music is necessary for the mankind. Furthermore, ethnic music reflects the culture, tradition and heritage of a country and needs to be preserved as it connects people to their roots and traditions.
Songs related to native culture make the younger generation aware of their customs and values. These songs help them feel proud of their legacy and hence they should definitely be promoted. At the same time, nowadays, international or western music is also gaining popularity all over the world especially among youngsters. The popularity of western music can be attributed to factors such as its novelty, globalization and the upper hand of the western culture. In my opinion, all forms of music are worth listening to and should be popularized regardless of the genre or country of origin. Native music certainly needs some promotion; this, however, does not mean that international music should be neglected.
To conclude, I assert that melodious songs and lyrics bring eternal peace. Both local and international music is of great significance. Thus, it should be prioritized only on the basis of an individual’s preferences and situations.
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Music Is A Good Way Of Bringing People Of Different Cultures And Ages Together | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Music Is A Good Way Of Bringing People Of Different Cultures Together | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Traveling To Foreign Countries Should Adopt Foreign Culture
- Some People Think That Illegal Internet Downloads Are Having A Negative Impact On The Music Industry | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Visitors should follow local customs
- The Government’s Investment In Arts, Music And Theatre Is A Waste Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Music Is A Good Way Of Bringing People Of Different Cultures And Ages Together | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country