The system used for rubbish/garbage collection in your local area is not working properly. This is causing problems for you and your neighbours. Write a letter to the local council. In your letter:
– Describe how the rubbish collection system is not working properly
– Explain how this is affecting you and your neighbours
– Suggest what should be done about the problem
Here are two band 7.5 IELTS letters on this topic submitted by our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample 1
I am XYZ, a resident of street No-1 Ferozepur Cantt. I am writing this on behalf of our society members to express our dissatisfaction with the way waste is collected from households in our society.
The municipal corporation has hired manual scavengers to collect the household garbage. This system of manual collection is not working properly because laborers seem reluctant to pick up the trash with their hands. Consequently, they are on leave of absence on most days and no one comes to collect the rubbish. We are facing an even bigger problem because there is a huge garbage bin just in front of our house. It is always overflowing with garbage. As a result, it has become a breeding ground for dengue mosquitoes and houseflies. They enter our homes making us prone to developing myriads of infectious diseases.
I would like to suggest some viable solutions. Firstly, the local administration should provide proper equipment and tools to scavengers so that they do not feel awful about collecting garbage. Secondly, I request you to provide different colored bins for the segregation of waste in our society.
I hope you will consider my suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this to express my dissatisfaction with the poor functioning of the rubbish collection system in our area. I am a resident of model town, Ferozepur and a lecturer by profession. The rubbish collection team arrives late and as a result, the garbage bins remain on the road side. Stray animals making a mess of the waste are a common sight now.
Furthermore, if a garbage collector is on leave, there is no one to assume his job and this troubles us even more. Our whole society is facing the issue due to the poor services provided by your departments. There is an alarming rise in the number of stray and disowned animals such as cows, dogs and cats in our streets. If your people had done their work on time, we would not have been seeing so many stray animals on the roads.
I would like to suggest that you enforce a strict schedule for your garbage collection team so that garbage gets collected every day in the morning itself. Additionally, you should increase the size of your team so that there is always someone on duty.
I hope you will find my suggestions useful and take measures to implement them.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- There Is A Problem With The Garbage Collection System In Your Area | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour Who Leaves Rubbish Near Your House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- We Are Producing More Rubbish | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
- Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Write A Complaint Letter About A Taxi Service You Used Recently | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample