The Rubbish Collection System In Your Area Is Not Working Properly | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
The system used for rubbish/garbage collection in your local area is not working properly. This is causing problems for you and your neighbours. Write a letter to the local council. In your letter:
- Describe how the rubbish collection system is not working properly
- Explain how this is affecting you and your neighbours
- Suggest what should be done about the problem
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to draw your attention towards the inefficient working of the garbage collection system in our community of Wide Gardens.
A garbage collecting truck has been allocated to our area to collect the garbage daily. However, for the past one month it has been collecting garbage only on alternate days, and not at all on public holidays due to which the dust bins overflow and contaminate the streets.
My neighbours and I are extremely worried about this situation. Since the waste is lying around, stray animals are raiding the bins and roaming around. Moreover, it has become the breeding ground for mosquitoes, flies and cockroaches, and they have also started entering our houses. I am afraid that this might result in the outbreak of infectious diseases in our area.
Therefore, I would request you to look into the matter urgently and instruct your men to collect the rubbish every day. I would also like to suggest that from here onwards you should monitor their work regularly.
I look forward to the prompt action.
Yours faithfully, Maya
- The System Used For Rubbish Collection In Your Local Area Is Not Working Properly | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- The System Used For Rubbish Collection In Your Local Area Is Not Working Properly | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- There Is A Problem With The Garbage Collection System In Your Area | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour Who Leaves Rubbish Near Your House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor
- We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- In Many Countries, The Amount Of Rubbish Is Increasing Rapidly | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask You For Help In Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample