The Role Of Education Is Prepare Children For The Modern World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The role of education is to prepare children for the modern world. School should cut art and music out of the curriculum so that children can focus on useful subjects such as information technology. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Education plays a crucial role in developing youngsters for the challenges of modern era. Some people claim that educational institutions should remove art and music from their syllabus so that the children can pay more attention to crucial subjects such as information technology. I disagree with this view and this essay will discuss the reasons for it.
To begin with, learning subjects such as art and music will develop young people’s creativity and enable them to think out of the box and come up with unique ideas. In modern times, students are overburdened with academic pressure. Learning art or music for an hour or so after listening to lectures on science or technology will refresh their mind and help them focus better. These subjects also help to sharpen the cognitive skills of youngsters. For instance, a recent study has suggested that students who opt for different art and musical subjects are more independent, confident and bold in decision making when they start working / when they join the workforce. Thus, it is obvious that the art and music subjects are vital for the mental development of youngsters.
Furthermore, teaching students these kinds of subjects will help them to identify their non-academic interest and they can start honing their skills from school days itself. For instance, every individual has their own area of interest. Hence some students who are not performing well in educational subjects may be exceptionally good / talented in the area of art or music. If they receive training in these subjects at school, it will be beneficial for them to build a career in these fields. Hence, it is necessary to add music and art to the school curriculum.
To conclude, adding the subjects such as art and music to the school curriculum will not only help the students to become proficient in their area of interest but also generate creativity in their mind and approach.
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Some People Who Think That Schools Should Teach Children Specific Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Children Should Learn To Design And Make Things In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Should Be Taught At Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think The Role Of Parents Is To Discipline Their Children And Teach Them About Right And Wrong | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Struggle To Use Modern Technology Such As Smartphones And Computers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Art Is An Essential Subject For Children At School While Others Think It Is A Waste Of Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Modern Cultures Around The World Have Become Similar | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now That Computers Are Used In Education, Some People Think Teachers Do Not Play Any Role In Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample