The Rise Of Convenience Food Helps The Modern Lifestyle | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
The rise of convenience foods has helped people keep up the speed of the modern lifestyle. What are the advantages of this trend? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
There has been a dramatic change in the lifestyle of people over the years and they have become busier. The availability of readymade food has made it easy to maintain this modern lifestyle. While there are some clear benefits to this situation, I personally believe that the drawbacks are more significant.
The main advantage of the convenience food is that it saves the time which is spent in cooking food. As a result, people can utilize this time for other purposes such as relaxing and doing other recreational activities. Moreover, the productivity of work has increased. For instance, there are many food stalls available at the workplace; thus one finds it convenient to have lunch with so many options to choose. Also, one does not have to wake up early to cook food.
On the other hand, there are many disadvantages associated with readymade food. For example, it may be unhealthy and unhygienic. Firstly, it does not provide complete nutrition and contains preservatives which are harmful if consumed in excess quantity. For example, studies have linked the rise in cancer cases to the high content of preservatives in the packed food. In addition, the standards of hygiene are not maintained in many food stalls. This can lead to the spreading of diseases such as typhoid and cholera and reduce the productivity of people.
To conclude, time saving is the main advantage of the availability of convenience food; however, in my opinion, the disadvantages of regular consumption of readymade food outweigh the advantages. Given this, it is recommended that people should give up their dependence on packaged food and consume more homemade food.
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today many countries import food from different parts of the world | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Fast Food Is Replacing Regular Meals
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Modern Inventions Cause More Problems Than Solutions