The prevention of health problems and illness is more important than treatment and medicine | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The prevention of health problems and illness is more important than treatment and medicine. Government funding should reflect this. To what extent so you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that preventing health issues and diseases is better than treating them and hence the government should allocate appropriate budget for it. I completely agree with this view as it will help maintain a healthy lifestyle and save money on medical expenses in the future. Better still, a healthy population is happier and more productive.
Firstly, if the government spends more money on promoting prevention methods it can encourage people to live a good and stress free life. In other words, if a person wants to live a healthy life he needs to prevent himself from indulging in bad habits such as eating fast food etc. However, individual efforts alone will not help. The government should also invest in highlighting the benefits of a healthy lifestyle by launching health awareness campaigns.
Secondly, if the government gives more importance towards highlighting benefits of prevention it can help people save a lot of money on medical expenses. This is because by taking prevention measures people will not fall ill, thus saving money which would otherwise have been spent on medical treatment. For example, there has been a 10 percent reduction in the sale of cigarettes in India, after the Indian government launched a campaign highlighting the health consequences of smoking at all major bus and train stations. This has helped people save money which otherwise could have gone into treating illnesses related to smoking.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that authorities should spend more on encouraging prevention as it will help people to stay healthy save money on medical bills.
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Prevention Is Better Than Cure
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Public Health The Responsibility Of The Government?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- Band 9 essay sample | Keeping pets can cause health problems in children
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When You Buy Something
- IELTS Band 7 Essay Samples: Should the government take care of the elderly?