The only way to solve the increasing crime rate of young offenders is to teach parents better parenting skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Any act that causes harm to another individual or a group of people, is considered as crime. Crimes are done with an intention to hurt someone intentionally. Crime rates of young offenders are definitely on the rise and researchers say that there has been over 52% increase in crime by youngers below the age of 18. Many opine that it is solely the outcome of bad parenting and that parents need be taught better parenting skills. But, I do not totally blame them for it.
We live in a time and place where society plays a major role in moulding an individual. Societal pressures have both positive and negative impact on the younger generations as they tend to take in everything like a sponge. Today’s generation is exposed to a variety of digital devices through which they can watch or share anything according to their whims and fancies. Even today’s entertainment industry has become nonchalant in screening the content they broadcast and label them as ‘U’. Genres like horror, sci-fi etc now show scenes of cold blooded murder, rape and other crimes and are considered as just another snippet in the movie. News broadcasting channels are no better as they show disturbing content including videos, pictures, controversial interviews that disturb the young minds and make them ruthless.
Some detractors may opine that parents have the sole control over their children and that better parenting skills would make them better children. Parents can influence the children to a certain extend and can imbibe good value system to the youngster, but other influences like friends, bad company, society, digital media also play a vital role in creating pivotal changes to the youngster’s mindset.
In conclusion, I do not agree to the idea that teaching parenting skills to parents are the only way to reduce crime rate of young offenders. However, it can be one of the steps towards achieving the goal to creating a better thought process in our younger generation.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay: Why is the crime rate increasing?
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | New Parents Should Receive Training In Parenting
- Band 7 essay sample | Parents should receive training in parenting
- IELTS essay about growing crime rate
- Some People Think That High End Technology Can Prevent And Cut Down Crime Rate | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That With The Help Of Parenting And Child Development Courses Parents Can Improve The Life Of Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- The Crime Rate Nowadays Is Decreasing Compared To The Past Due To Advances In Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample