The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that the reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In the modern world, boundary lines between countries are becoming thinner thanks to newer communication technologies and open trade practices. While some people are of the opinion that the main purpose of learning a foreign language is to work or travel abroad, I believe that the reasons go beyond that.
On the one hand, people who travel to live in foreign countries usually learn the language of their host in order to have smooth integration and interaction with locals in the country. In addition, international students are often required to learn a foreign language especially if that is the language of instruction in the institution of learning. For instance, Chinese students are required to learn English language before they can be admitted into universities in the United Kingdom. Another reason for learning a foreign language is that it would help immigrants secure employment faster.
On the other hand, the need to learn / master a foreign language extends far beyond travel and employment reasons. Firstly, learning a foreign language is the easiest way to understand the culture, traditions and reasoning of the people who speak it. In addition, recent advancement in technology has made trade and commercial activities between various countries easier through the internet. For example, a retailer in Nigeria can interact with and order goods from production companies in China. Such transactions necessitate the learning of the foreign language.
In conclusion, learning a second language is the key to an endless world of opportunities for people looking to work or travel abroad as well as for those who prefer to stay in their own country.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel To Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- Having To Speak A Foreign Language Can Cause Serious Problems | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Merits And Demerits Of Learning A Foreign Language In Primary School
- Should Children Learn A Foreign Language From Primary School? | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Useless To Learn Another Foreign Language Before English
- Band 7 essay sample | Learning a foreign language at primary school is beneficial
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Better For Children To Learn A Foreign Language At A Young Age