The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The number of people who are at risk of serious health problems due to being overweight is increasing. What is the reason for the growth in overweight people in society? How can this problem be solved?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Answer: Recent studies have shown that the rate of obesity has increased drastically and it is leading to serious health issues. Nowadays, heart diseases and diabetes are common diseases due to this rapid increase in weight. Many factors such as a luxurious lifestyle, faulty eating habits and lack of exercise cause obesity and health problems. However, there are some solutions to these problems as well. This essay will take a look at this problem and its possible solutions.
New developments in the field of technology have made our lives easier and more comfortable. Thanks to the availability of appliances like mixer grinders and washing machines, people can get everyday tasks done with hardly any physical effort / exertion. Therefore, they are becoming overweight day by day. Moreover, people prefer to eat junk food over healthy meat, vegetables and fruits. Fast foods contain a large amount of calories which people cannot burn / use up. The reason why only a few people suffered from obesity in the past is that they used to eat low calorie healthy food and burned those calories by engaging in physical activity. Unfortunately, now most people are busy their work that they do not have time to cook proper meals at home. Consequently, they eat junk food.
On the bright side, there are some solutions to control this continuous increase in the number of overweight people. First of all, people should be encouraged to do regular exercise. This can be done by offering free gym sessions to the people who are obese and are at risk of developing serious illnesses. The government should begin awareness campaigns that guide people about the adverse effects of obesity on health and ways to fight against it.
To conclude, excessive consumption of junk food and lack of physical activity are the main causes of the increase in the incidence of obesity. Efforts should be made by the government and people themselves to control this health hazard.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Obesity Is Increasing Among Children
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Becoming Obese
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- Average Weight Of People Are Increasing | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in school curriculum
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items