The Number Of Advertisements For Charities On Television And The Internet Seems To Be Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The Number of advertisements for charities on television and the internet seems to be increasing. What is causing this? Is this a positive or a negative development? Give examples and reasons for your answers.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The widespread use of technology has made it possible for the people to advertise the charity programmes that can reach masses within a short period of time. In my perspective, it is completely a positive development; however, the chance of fraud in some cases cannot be overlooked.
In the fast paced world, people spend most of their leisure time watching television or browsing the internet. The use of social media applications has increased tremendously. It is a platform for various non profit organisations as well as the families who are in need of immediate funds to advertise themselves. Furthermore, they can convey their message, share the bank details for general public to donate some funds. As a result, they can pay off huge expenses such as hospital bills or education fee. To cite an example, on Facebook we can see a lot of posts where family members ask for some donations to help them overcome a cash crunch. When affluent people see such kind of advertisements, they immediately provide a helping hand directly to the people in need rather than contacting intermediaries.
However, on the flip side, some individuals may take undue advantage of the donors. They exaggerate their pathetic conditions and make such advertisements as their source of income. Nevertheless, television and the internet is a common platform where masses come together and most of them donate for a global cause.
To conclude, charities are advertising themselves on television and the internet because of the massive reach of these platforms. In my opinion, this is a positive development because it enables needy people to get the assistance they need.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different mediums for car advertisements
- Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Given Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Sample Essay: Some people think that it is our moral duty to help the poor.
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned
- Some People Say That Radio Is The Best Way To Get News While Others Think That Television Is Better | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- With Internet Improvements, People Can Share Views Or Opinions On Goods They Have Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample