The Municipal Corporation In Your Area Has Decided To Demolish A Historical Building | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
The municipal corporation in the area where you live has decided to demolish a historical building to build a shopping center. Write a letter to the mayor of the corporation. In your letter:
You have to explain why it is important to preserve the building and suggest how the building can be used to benefit the local community.
Here is a band 9 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the municipal corporation’s decision to demolish the old Hillock Fort in the Mumbai region. I have been living in this place since my childhood and that probably explains why I have developed an emotional attachment to this city and its monuments.
I admit that the fort is in a very bad condition at the moment, but it is not beyond repair. In fact, it can be restored with some effort. Of course, that would mean spending some money, but once it gets restored the fort can be used to benefit the community. For example, it can be used to house a historical museum or a library. Because of its dilapidated condition, the structure doesn’t attract many visitors at the moment, but it has the potential to be a tourist attraction if it is restored.
I understand that the proposed shopping center will bring some commercial activity into the area, but I do not think that it should be done at the expense of one of the most interesting landmarks of Mumbai.
I hope the municipal corporation reconsiders its decision and find another site for building the shopping center.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- City Council Is Planning To Pull Down A Historic Building | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
- When Designing A Building, The Most Important Factor Is The Intended Use Of The Building | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Old Buildings Should Be Restored; Others Say That They Should Be Demolished | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local People Do Not Visit Museums And Historical Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Museums And Historical Sites Are Mostly Visited By Foreign Tourists | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local People Do Not Visit Museums And Historical Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sites Proposed For Building Shopping Mall | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Historical Sites and Museums Are Mainly Visited By Tourists | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour Who Leaves Rubbish Near Your House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample