The Mass Media Including Televisions, Radio And Newspapers Have Great Influence In Shaping People’s Ideas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The mass media, including televisions, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In this age of omnipresent mass media, it is hard for people to stay away from its influence. People’s perspectives are constantly influenced by sensational headlines in the newspapers and pop-up advertisements on the internet. Hence, I fully agree with the argument that mass media shapes people’s opinions.
It is difficult to stay away from media these days. We receive news in bytes and in bigger sizes every second. Even when we are sleeping, our phones and tablets keep giving us notifications. It is not even necessary to switch on the TV or read the newspaper to receive updates. News is now everywhere. It is on our social media feeds. Constant exposure to news changes our outlook towards life and the happenings around the world. Media changes our perception of politicians. Media campaigns can even change the outcome of an election because people are heavily influenced by what they see on television or read in newspapers. In times of crises like natural disasters media play an admirable role in disseminating up to the moment news and rallying support.
Media has played a major role in promoting consumerism. It elevated entertainers to a pedestal. It has also promoted noble ideas like equality, women’s empowerment and animal rights. These days most people are aware that racism is bad. People no longer sympathize with fanatics, racists or chauvinists because of the constant media campaigns against these ideas. New age media like the internet has also given ordinary people a platform to raise their voice and get heard.
To conclude, media has become such an integral part of our lives that it is difficult to imagine a world without it. In my opinion, as more and more people gain access to televisions and the internet, the influence of media will only grow in the coming future.
- IELTS essay about the influence of newspapers on the society
- Positive And Negative Effects Of Technology Through Mass Media | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the influence of newspapers
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers
- People No Longer Use The Television And The Newspapers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Although More And More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is No Need For Print Newspapers. Do you Agree?