The Internet Provides Us With Information About Life And Culture Of Different Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The internet provides us with information about life and culture of different countries and some people say it is not necessary to visit these countries to learn about them. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
These days, the internet is a great source of information about various nations. Some individuals believe that because of the availability of this information regarding different countries, it is no longer necessary to travel there to be familiar with their customs. I completely disagree with this statement owing to some compelling reasons.
Firstly, everybody has an individualized outlook and perception of other nations and the information available online may not cover his/her interests. That is to say, narrators typically focus on the aspect that is important in their perspectives and therefore they might ignore other aspects. For example, we can find a lot of information about the religions, historical monuments, languages and governments of other countries on the internet but oftentimes we have little information about their food habits, ethnic dressing style or myths. As a result, an interested person is likely to have to visit these regions in order to acquire this sort of information neglected by the internet.
In the second place, in many cases we need to perceive personally the norms of a nation to comprehend them. These first hand experiences are by far unattainable through the cyber world. Take the ethnic cuisine of a country as a salient example; we cannot feel it without tasting domestic foods. To put it differently the culture of a nation can be better understood if we perceive it through our five senses. Moreover, communication with the locals / natives of each country may reveal enormous hidden aspects of their culture that have never been showcased on the internet.
By way of conclusion, admittedly, the internet has provided us with a plethora of beneficial information about other territories but it does not mean that it can satisfy all our interests and curiosities about other cultures. I do believe that we still need to visit other countries to get comprehensive and first hand information about them.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People Can Know About Culture And Life Through Internet. So There Is No Need To Travel To Other Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Lifestyle And Culture Of Different Countries Are Becoming Similar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Traveling To Foreign Countries Should Adopt Foreign Culture
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To Learn About Other Countries It Is Important To Travel To Them
- Do you think people should adapt and accept the culture of the country they visit? | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Culture Is Similar Around The World | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet