The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Today the internet has replaced traditional books as a source of information. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this development.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The internet plays a vital role in storing and disseminating information. Some people assert that before long it will replace books. The positive and negative aspects of this development will be discussed in this essay.
The internet has made it easy to find information. Any information that we need is now available at the click of a button. The internet has also made traditional sources of information such as books redundant. Nowadays people do not have to carry bulky paper books in their back pack. Instead, they can store ebooks on their laptop, Kindle or smartphone. There are obvious benefits to this. eBooks do not occupy space. They are much less expensive than printed books and can be shared with anyone within a fraction of seconds.
On the flip side, if books get completely replaced by the internet or eBooks, a few negative things may also happen. To start with, reading an eBook for hours on end can strain the eyes. People who constantly stare at a screen may also develop other health problems like neck pain and back pain. A paper book, by contrast, can be read for any length of time without experiencing any of these difficulties. Another drawback of internet based sources of information is that they are not always available. We need an internet connection and a supporting device to be able to access them. Because of this reason, the internet is not a good companion when we travel. Paper books, on the other hand, make excellent travel buddies. Another downside of the internet is that information available on it is not always reliable.
To conclude, the internet is certainly replacing paper books and the sale of eBooks is soaring; however, I do not believe that books will be completely out of fashion because of their inherent advantages that eBooks lack.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e books rather than paper books | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Books Are Losing Importance As A Source Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.