The Internet Has Created Problems That Did Not Exist Before | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The internet has transformed the way information is shared and consumed, but it has also created problems that did not exist before. What are the most serious problems associated with the internet and what solutions can you suggest?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The invention of the World Wide Web by Tim Bernese proved to be a turning point in the world of technology. It has opened various channels where users can share their information in a way that was not possible earlier. On the one hand this has made our lives easier but on the other hand it has also brought along several threats such as cyber crimes and cyber bullying. This essay will first discuss how the internet silently puts us at the risk of cyber crime and then suggest some solutions / measures to tackle these issues.
There are certain novel crimes that spread through social media platforms. Various types of cyber violation such as frauds, online money laundering and certain forms of malwares which intend to steal a user’s private data are on the rise now. Because of the anonymity offered by the platform social media has become the paradise of hate mongers. They target other users and hurl abuses at them sitting behind their screen. This is nothing but cyber bullying. Teenagers are the most vulnerable targets of the internet. Nowadays, adult content which can be really harmful for them is easily available on the internet.
However, these issues can be solved easily by implementing strict laws which intend to penalize the culprit. Many new users are not aware of the rules made by the government for these problems. Hence the government should run some kind of awareness sessions to ensure that people are aware of cyber laws and their right to privacy and protection. For instance, the Nigerian government in the year 2017 ran a successful campaign about cyber threats such as viruses and malware. This led to a dramatic reduction of data breaches. Also educating the young ones from an early age can be beneficial in stopping these crimes. Parents should also monitor the websites that are being used by their children and should implement certain firewalls to prevent their exposure to certain sensitive websites.
To sum up, the internet has made our lives easier by providing us various options to share our data. However it puts us at the risk of certain issues such as frauds, or scams. It also puts our privacy at risk. Even so, in my opinion, the impact of the internet on our lives is largely positive. As for the risks, there are several ways to mitigate them.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- While the internet brings with it clear advantages, the problem outweigh the advantages | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- When Doctors And Nurses Migrate What Problems Do They Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet