The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The idea of staying in the same job till retirement is changing. Many people try to build their professional life in multiple fields over the course of years. This requires hard work and passion to keep learning new things. Needless to say many middle aged people and even seniors are enrolling in various courses to acquire new skills. In my opinion, rather than a fashion, switching jobss has become a necessity in many sectors because of the lack of job security.
To begin with, a few industries are rapidly changing in nature and individuals working in those get outdated sooner than expected and forced to look for other career choices. Technology, being one such field, is rapidly evolving every day. It registered huge growth in the last decade and a plethora of new technologies like artificial intelligence and internet of things are emerging now threatening existing jobs. People often find it challenging to keep them updated in such a dynamic industry and look to change their career after a short stint. For instance, 10 years ago, programmers used only a handful of languages to code their programs but today there are more than 100 languages that technologists use and learning everything is next to impossible. This forces people to learn new skills on the job and those who fail to do so have to switch careers.
Ambition also encourages many people to change jobs frequently. Thanks to greater exposure to the world outside, people are now keen to pursue their passion and take the road less traveled. For example, nowadays, it is not uncommon for a doctor to give up his medical profession become a photographer or a vlogger at 40. People want to live their life to the fullest and discover their talents. The rising cost of living also encourages them to do multiple jobs.
To sum up, after analysing the situation, it is not hard to see that having multiple jobs is the norm of the day. People are switching jobs frequently for various reasons including the lack of job security, rising cost of living and the need to pursue their passion.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Idea Of Having A Single Career Is Becoming An Old Fashioned One | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That It Is More Important To Spend Time In Developing A Successful Career | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Things You Should Know About Career Coaching
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Changing jobs frequently is bad
- How to express the same idea in different ways
- Fewer And Fewer Young People Are Choosing To Become Teachers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Do you think that admiring film and sports personalities is a good idea?
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample