The Growing Number Of Overweight Children Is Putting A Strain On The Health Care System | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system in an effort to deal with the health issues involved. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in the school curriculum. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Our health care system is struggling to deal with the health problems associated with the increasing number of obese people. A section of the society believes that introducing additional physical education classes in schools helps to combat this issue. This essay completely agrees with the statement because I believe that physical training makes children active and encourages them to be fit.
To begin with, leading a sedentary lifestyle is considered as the main reason for obesity and this can give rise to many chronic problems in life. Incorporating more sports and exercise classes in schools makes children active and as a result of which they can beat juvenile obesity and the risks associated with it. A recent study found that adolescents who are not sufficiently physically active are putting their current and future health at risk. In short, the more active a child is, the healthier he is.
Physical education classes create an interest in sports among children; moreover, they follow their favorite sports person and try to be fit like them. In other words, a sportsperson needs to be in good shape throughout his career and as a follower, a teenager will understand the importance of fitness. There is no doubt that most people around the world who aspire to become a sportsman are very much focused on their physique and health. Furthermore, a human body is more flexible in younger age and hence making sports a part of the routine at the school level itself is advantageous.
In conclusion, adding extra-curricular sports activities to the school program helps in dealing with the problem of overweight among the younger generation as it encourages people to be fit and active which in turn makes them lead a healthy life.
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in school curriculum
- With An Increasing Overweight Population Some Think Universities Should Make Sport A Compulsory Module On All Degree Courses | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Children Are Overweight Which Could Result In Problems When They Grow Up | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of People Who Are At Risk Of Serious Health Problems Due To Being Overweight Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- An Increasing Number Of Children Are Overweight These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- More Children In Developed Countries Are Becoming Overweight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education