The diagrams below show the stages and equipments used in the cement making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
The diagrams depict the processes and apparatuses involved in the manufacture of cement and concrete. As per the given visual data / information concrete is produced primarily from gravel, sand and cement while limestone and clay are the basic ingredients of cement.
There are mainly five steps involved in the production of cement. First, limestone and clay are crushed together in a crusher to produce a powder. This powder is thoroughly mixed and subjected to heat in a rotating heater. Heat is applied from the other end of the heater. Once this mixture is heated, it is ground in a grinder to produce cement which is then packaged in bags for delivery.
Cement is one of the ingredients of concrete. The other ingredients are sand, water and gravel. All of these are mixed in a mixer to produce concrete which is essentially half gravel, quarter sand, 15% cement and 10% water.
- Brick Manufacturing Process | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS essay: Restoration of old buildings is expensive
- Different Ways Of Making Tea | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Production Of Steam From Gas Cooled Nuclear Reactor | Band 7 IELTS Report Sample
- Lifestyle of Silkworm And Production Of Silk | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- Band 9 IELTS Report About Rainwater Collected For Use As Drinking Water
- Band 7.5 Report Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?
- IELTS Writing: Reports