The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The best way for governments to solve the problem of traffic congestion is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
There is no denying the fact that traffic congestion has become a major problem in most metro cities. Critics argue that if the government provides free transportation to their people, it will substantially reduce the traffic related issues. Although I agree with this opinion, I also believe that this proposal could jeopardise a country’s growth over a period of time.
On the one hand, free transportation would largely reduce the use of personal vehicles. One of the primary reasons for this heavy traffic in the cities is because of the use of personal cars. A growing number of people are using their own cars heavily to commute to work, for shopping malls, and other daily activities. If the government offers free transport to their people, there is a good chance that the number of vehicles on the roads will be reduced. Hence it is evident that the free public transport idea is not a bad solution for the traffic problem.
On the other hand, the free transport proposal could jeopardise a country’s progress severely despite having above-mentioned positives. In many countries, the revenue from public transport is absolutely imperative for the development of other critical sectors, namely health and education. If public transport is made free, the loss of revenue will impact these sectors and over time it will affect the progress of the country. Hence there is convincing evidence that the free transport idea has its own negatives.
In conclusion, indeed, traffic congestion is a big concern in almost all the cities. While I agree with the proposal that the free of cost public transport would reduce the traffic problems enormously, I also believe that the negative implications of this idea are severe and cannot be overlooked. I would suggest / recommend that other viable options should be explored to control this menace effectively.
- The best way to reduce traffic congestion in cities is to provide a free public transport service | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing Car Ownership Has Made Many Cities One Big Traffic Jam
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Band 9 essay sample: How to reduce the number of cars on the road
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport